IDEAL TO COMBINE WITH LAND ARRANGEMENTS
There can be no tapestry of river life as fascinating and varied as the River Mekong. Indeed there can be no more striking a cultural contrast as that between the bustling Vietnam delta and the tranquility of Cambodia. We pass from the vibrant French colonial port of Saigon, through the vast delta so rich in human life and endeavour, to travel along the main channel into the rich countryside of Cambodia. Your journey will end in Cambodia’s capital Phnom Penh.
In 2003, with the RV Mekong Pandaw, we were the first ship to attempt this extraordinary journey, surmounting complex bureaucratic and navigational obstacles. We now have four ships plying this amazing waterway.
3 or 4 nights Saigon - Phnom Penh from US$492
Pandaw: Saigon and Phnom Penh - Vietnam Tours
Visiting Cities: Saigon – My Tho – Sa Dec – Chau Doc – Phnom Penh or vice versa
Phone: +84 982 661 133
Number of Cabins: 24 rooms
Checkin time: 14:00
Checkout time: 12:00
Room rates: $ 492 - $ 3000
- CABIN INFO
RV MEKONG PANDAW
Built in Rangoon in 2002 she was sailed round to Saigon under her own power and many a drama described in Paul Strachan’s Pandaw Story. This ship was designed specially for the Mekong and unlike our other P class ships does not have a flying bridge. The reason was so she could get under a road bridge. She did actually scrape under on her maiden but it was so scary that Paul Strachan, then standing on the bridge, never dared attempt it again. As a result, we ended up with this incredible 750 square meter teak deck that even has a full size billiard table.
The MP as she is affectionately known is our most spacious ship with wider promenades, a larger dining hall and more public space per passenger than any known ship afloat. Seriously!
In 2012 she was refitted and lower deck cabins removed in favour of a professional spa, gym, library lounge and office. She is quite justifiably the most splendid ship on the Mekong and the envy of anything that floats by.
The ship has quality mountain bikes for your independent exploration.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- All onboard crew is trained and certified as per international marine standards (VIRES)
- Fire alarm system in all cabins, public areas and back areas
- Fire fighting system in all ship areas
- Expert marine superintendant
- 24 hrs watch on duty
- Certified hygiene standards for all areas (Johnson & Diversey).
- Guest relation desk
- Largest public space to passenger ratio of any cruise ship in the world
- Shop, supporting fair trade
- Lecture and meeting room with oversized flat screen TV, LSD projector and sound system
- Art gallery featuring local art and artists
- Library with contemporary and classic literature
- Wireless internet in all public areas.
- Build 2002 in Yangon, refit 2013
- Length: 200ft / 60m
- Beam: 36ft / 11m
- Draft: 4ft / 1.5m
- Berths: 48 pax
3 NIGHTS SAIGON – PHNOM PENH (UP STREAM)
Saigon – My Tho – Sa Dec – Chau Doc – Phnom PenhDay 1: My Tho
Morning transfer from Saigon to embark on your Pandaw vessel in time for welcome drinks, a briefing and lunch. Sail across the vast Mekong Delta.
Your guide will collect your passports at the meeting point so we can arrange the immigration formalities.
Day 2: Sa Dec
Sampan boat excursion to Sa Dec via Vinh Long, along canals and backwaters and see the local market and the ancient house of Mr, Huyn Thuy Le, the 'lover' of Marguerite Duras, a famous French novelist whose book was imortalised in the film L’Indochine.
Day 3: Chau Doc
Visit a Moslem Cham tribal village and a cat fish farm in Chau Doc with our guide or do your own thing and take off on one of our mountain bikes. The local market is great and the Catholic Church well worth a visit. Return to the ship by boat for lunch and cast off for the Cambodian border for the usual formalities.
Day 4: Phnom Penh
Disembark in Cambodia’s capital, Phnom Penh, after breakfast.
Please note: Our crew will hand out your passports after the immigration formalities at 10.00am. Please let us know if you plan to leave the ship earlier due to flight connections.
TRANSFERS & JOINING
Day 1: My Tho
Transfer from the InterContinental Asiana Saigon Hotel in Saigon to the port of My Tho by coach to embark cruise.
INTERCONTINENTAL ASIANA SAIGON HOTEL
Registration is at 10.00am
THE LIBRARY Bar, ground floor next to the hotel’s reception, 39 Le Duan Street, Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Tel: (+84) 8 3520 9999
Day 4: Phnom Penh
Disembark in Cambodia’s capital, Phnom Penh, at the International Passenger Pier at Sisowath Quay, next to Titanic Restaurant.
4 NIGHTS PHNOM PENH – SAIGON (DOWN STREAM)
Phnom Penh – Tonle River – Chau Doc – My Tho – SaigonDay 1: Phnom Penh
Embark the ship by lunchtime. Afternoon and evening at leisure to discover the city on your own.
Day 2: Tonle River
Explorations up Tonle River to a silver making village, Kampong Trolach, and Chong Koh either by ship or by coach depending on water levels. This river is very pretty and there is a vibrant local life to be viewed along the river banks and in lesser craft.
Day 3: Vietnam Border
Sail for the border and formalities and then continue to Tan Chau for the evening.
Day 4: Chau Doc
Morning either visit a Moslem Cham tribal village and a cat fish farm in Chau Doc with our guide or do your own thing and take off on one of our mountain bikes. The local market is great and the Catholic Church well worth a visit. Afternoon Sampan boat excursion to Sa Dec via Vinh Long, along canals and backwaters and see the local market and the ancient house of Mr, Huyn Thuy Le, the 'lover' of Marguerite Duras, a famous French novelist whose book was imortalised in the film L’Indochine. Moor overnight at Cai Be.
Day 5: My Tho to Saigon
Early morning sail from Cai Be for My Tho, where passengers disembark in the early morning for a coach transfer to Saigon. Arrive in Saigon late morning at around 10.30am.
TRANSFERS & JOINING
Day 1: Phnom Penh
The check-in time should be no later than 12.00 noon, as we need your passport to process the immigration formalities for the border crossing. Please hand out your passports to our crew at embarkation.
The ship is moored at the tourist jetty at Sisowath Quay, walking distance from the Royal Palace.
Day 5: My Tho to Saigon
Disembark in the early morning for a coach transfer to the InterContinental Asiana Saigon Hotel, arriving late morning at around 10.30am.
Please Contact us our Travel Consultants for more details about the availability and best offer (promotion or early bird) or secret deals!
- Entrance fees
- guide services (English language)
- Gratuities to crew
- Main meals
- Locally made soft drinks
- Local beer and local spirits
- Jugged coffee and selection of teas and tisanes, mineral water
- Transfers between the meeting point and the ship at the start and end of a voyage.
- International flights
- Port dues (if levied)
- All visa costs
- Fuel surcharges (see terms and conditions)
- Imported beverages such as wines, premium spirits and liqueurs, fancy soft drinks like Perrier, espressos and cappuccinos at bar
- Tips to tour guides, local guides, bus drivers, boat operators and cyclo drivers.
Cancellation / Prepayment policyPlease check with our travel consultants about Pandaw Cruise's Cancellation Policy.
- 18 upper deck, 6 main deck staterooms
- 170 square feet, finished in teak and brass
- Panoramic French window, leading to personal deck space
- New bathrooms with natural stone shower and branded quality fittings
- Kimonos and slippers
- Spa-branded amenities
- Unlimited mineral water
- Electric mini safe
- Central AC with individual control
- Imported quality linens with duvet and two kind of pillows
- Premium mattresses
- Convertible bed configuration
- Welcome flower arrangement and welcome gift
- Multi-configuration plugs
- Generous closet space and under-bed storage
- Hair dryer
- Daily nightly turndown service
- 24h laundry service
- Complimentary evening canapés.