21 FAQs for your Vietnam Travel Planning
01. Why should I travel to Vietnam?!
- Vietnam is safe for travelers. We have hardly recorded any severe crime targeting to travelers.
- The price for a tour to Vietnam is relatively cheap in comparison to other countries of the region such as Laos, Myanmar or Singapore.
- Booking tours are easy and convenient: the internet is quick enough, online payment secured at international standards, local operators are professional to deal with all types of requests, and infrastructure is relatively well responded to travel industry requirements eg. hotels, restaurant, airlines, and transportation etc.
- Food and drink are delicious, healthy and amazingly cheap, especially street food.
- Locals are friendly, warm-hearted and willing to help.
02. Is it easy to entry to Vietnam? Do I need a Visa?Almost yes. Even though most of English speaking visitors to Vietnam are requested to get Visa before entering Vietnam, the procedure is very simple and cheap. Most of our travelers obtain Visa on arrival because of its easy procedure. However, Vietnam has not had eVisa portal yet, then you will need a local tour operator issue you an Approval letter ( Hot news: Vietnam is having e-visa since 2017). The steps are providing personal information, paying the service charge (10$ - 20$ depending on different operators), getting the Letter via mail or fax after 3 business working days.
HIT Vietnam tour provides the approval letter for free to all travelers booking package tours with us. Passport holders from ASEAN countries are exempted.
=> Read more: how to obtain Visa to Vietnam
03. How many ways to enter Vietnam?There are 4 ways via airports, seaports, waterways and road border gates. We order the most to less popular ways to enter Vietnam as follows:
- Airports – this is the most loved option for travelers entering Vietnam. There are 3 international airports in Vietnam consisting of Noi Bai (in Hanoi), Danang (in Danang) and Tan Son Nhat (in Ho Chi Minh city).
- Seaports – Often used by passengers from big cruise liners visiting Vietnam and often staying for 1 or 2 nights. The notable ports are Cai Lan, Bai Chay (in Halong bay), Hai Phong (in Hai Phong), Chan May (in Hue), Danang (in Danang), Cam Ranh (in Nha Trang), Phu My (in Vung tau) and Sai gon (in Ho Chi Minh city).
- Road border gates – this way is often for travelers connecting from Laos, Cambodia, and China by road transfer. The border gates are located in remote districts then the distance to main cities or tourist center is not very convenient and results in many costs in transportation fees.
- Waterways – the sole waterways for tourists is between Vietnam and Cambodia via Mekong River by luxurious river cruises or speed boats. Important note: You are requested to bring with the original letter of Visa approval when border crossing. Printed or faxed ones are not accepted
04. When is the best time to visit Vietnam?You can enjoy Vietnam all year round, especially in Central and South Vietnam. In the north, this is from October to April next year. From May to Sep, North Vietnam is in summer - the temperature is around 33 - 37C with heavy rain intervals. If you love to get tanned and enjoy tropical rains in your own way, traveling to Vietnam during this times may be the best. Furthermore, you will possibly enjoy remarkable and lovely discounts.
=> See all suggested: Best time to visit Vietnam
05. What are the most recommended things to do in Vietnam?Here are our suggestions of some most loved activities from our experiences of serving customers after years:
- Cruising in Halong bay
- A tour to Sapa with homestay and trekking/hiking – the hardship of activities is optional depending on your physical health.
- Cultural discoveries in Hue
- Cooking class or farming tour in Hoi an.
- Beach holidays in Hoi an, Nha Trang or Mui Ne
- A trip or easy cycling tour in Mekong delta.
- Interval city tours in Hanoi and Sai gon to discover the cities, street food, scooter tours, water puppet show and cyclo tours.
06. Where are must-see places I should take into account?Considering from North to South: Halong bay, Sapa, Hue, Hoi an, a beach and Mekong Delta. Hanoi and Sai gon are the musts and play their roles as the starting and fishing ends, too. Those places offer you the bests in both terms of culture and nature top highlights.
All those places can be done in about 12 – 14 days package for the utmost comfort that means you will have enough time at each stop to enjoy their sounds and senses.
=> For more: Vietnam top destinations
07. Why should I book with HIT Vietnam tour?
- HIT Vietnam is a local tour operator in Vietnam. Our staffs are all Vietnamese. We talk and work with all suppliers in Vietnam including hotels, transportation, tour guide, and restaurants to book your tours. We try our best to cut off the “middle man”.
- HIT Vietnam is a full licensed tour company under Vietnamese Law. Our number 01-091/2009/ TCDL – GPLHQT
- HIT Vietnam responds directly to you – quick and effective to customize all kind of travel services.
- HIT Vietnam has experienced since 2008 dealing with tailor-made tours as well as big groups with hundreds of customers traveling together.
- Our guides will speak your language. The languages are English, French, Germany, Spanish, Thai and Chinese (mandarin and Cantonese).
- HIT Vietnam provides a secure online payment gateway with SSL Technology to deal with all popular cards VISA, Master, Amex, JCB, and Union Pay.
08. What standard of accommodation is provided on tours?All our quotes are based on well-located 3-star hotels. In more remote regions, where international standard hotels are infrequent, we endeavor to accommodate our clients in the best available hotels.
Your room is well equipped while in the remote area, your rooms at the guest houses or homestay are limited to comfortable beds, en-suite bathroom, air-conditioning and hot water running from shower/bath.
=> See all suggested for accommodations in Vietnam
09. What about transport while I'm in each city?If you are taking a tour package, an air-conditioned private vehicle (depending on the group size) is provided. The public transport in Vietnam such us buses and subway are not available and convenient for tourists as in Western countries. Taxis are fairly inexpensive but make sure you take your hotel details with you.
The guide of cars used fitting group size is 1pers – 4 seaters, 2 pers – 7 seaters, 3 to 6 person – 16 seaters, 7 to 10 pers – 25 seaters, 11 to 15 pers – 35 seaters, from 15 pers up – 45 seaters.
=> See more transportation information in Vietnam
10. What meals are included?We often include a welcome dinner in our quotations. Your meal is Vietnamese cuisine in a fine restaurant. Daily breakfast is included on all tours and is buffet style, served at your hotel or is simple but fresh if you are in a homestay or guesthouse.
For tour including cruise itineraries, the meal inclusions do vary therefore we suggest that once you have selected your preferred tour you may like to refer to the (B/L/D) notations on the itinerary.
=> See more Vietnam cuisine
11. How long should I book a Vietnam tour in advance?We must say “the sooner the better”. We often see our customers booking their tours about 2 – 3 months in advance, some even a year. Especially in peak season or national holidays when all services are wiped out in an eyeblink, it's strongly recommended. The minimum length to book your Vietnam tour should not be later than a week prior your arrival date.
The early booking will help you avoid the lack of service availability. You are able to be picky to select the best ones within your pocket and even more enjoy the sweet “early bird deals” from our suppliers.
12. What do I do if I have a food allergy or intolerance?We can manage for all special request of food if we are informed in advance. Vietnam ingredients are extremely various, we can deal with all kinds of dietary due to your health or religious reasons in main cities.
In more remote areas, the preparation is often more complicated and takes times. We kindly request you to advise us as soon as you can about your eating routines.
13. If I am traveling by myself, do I need to pay a single supplement?Yes, we have to confirm so. Until the time of this post (2016), we do not offer joined group tours so as far as we control, there is no another solo tourist possibly available to share a room with you. We guarantee to make every effort to negotiate with the suppliers to keep the single charges as low as possible.
14. How to book a tour or service with HIT Vietnam?
- Step 1: Contact us. We offer various ways of contact us of which the most favorite and clearest way is via email email@example.com. You can also chat with us online via Facebook, Skype or drop us a message at 0902243637.
- Step 2: receive a customized tour quotations within 24 hours and feel free to change it until you feel happy.
- Step 3: make a deposit (often about 30% of total value) by cards via our Online Card payment gateway or bank transfer. They are our most favorite ways of receiving money. We, however, are very open to your way.
- Step 4: Pay the balance on arrival and enjoy your dream holiday.
15. How can I pay you as the quickest and safest way?We assign Onepay (onepay.vn) to process Online card payments on our behalf. Onepay gateway maintains the appropriate Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology to make sure that all your cards information encrypted securely at international card organization storages – not at our Website, the bank or Onepay itself.
Refer more: Safe online payment with HIT Vietnam
16. How many guides will accompany a tour?In each city, a professional local guide will provide you with their personal insight of the attractions and history of their city. Their wealth of intimate knowledge and unequaled understanding of the local culture and customs are to be appreciated when providing an invaluable high standard of service to our clients. English speaking guides are included by default, other languages are available upon your request.
All our tour guides are licensed by Vietnam National Authority of Tourism.
17. Can I book for a big group or other special occasions like wedding or anniversary etc?Without a doubt. We can accommodate groups, weddings, and other special-occasion travel. You may wish to work with an expert to coordinate complicated arrangements.
Tailor-made tours can offer an atmosphere that's just right for special moments such as romance for honeymooners...cozy dinners for two, strolling on cruise deck or the beach at sunset, dancing the night away (even under the stars) and so much more to remember forever.
HIT Vietnam is capable of supplying up to 50 tour guides and/or vehicles per day. We have experienced to deal with hundred customers traveling in one group with various arrivals/departures, complicated services, and different services.
=> Contact with us for your special requests
18. Any special notes on clothes or etiquettes?Vietnam is a welcoming country and we are open-minded to differences in culture, religions. You can wear whatever make you feel the utmost comfort. Just some notes you should have to pay attention as follows:
- A pair of long sleeves shirt and long trousers – Some solemn and most of the pagodas in Vietnam request this for visitors or you will be kindly asked to stay outside.
- A light jacket – it is very useful for the “girly” weather in Vietnam.
- A hat, sunglasses, and sun blocked are extremely helpful.
19. Do I need to take out travel insurance?It is highly recommended that all clients purchase travel insurance at the time of making their reservation. You should buy the travel insurance from your home country where is very much easier to claim when you are in need. In case that anything happens that concern about the travel insurance, we will help you best to obtain paper works as well as authorized claims in Vietnam.
Buying procreated travel insurance before departing is the travelers’ responsibility.
20. Do I need to tip?While tipping has now become an accepted practice in Asian countries, it should always be considered a gesture of appreciation for good service and not an obligation. We do not include in the tour price a fixed amount. You feel free to tip to the guide and drives as much as you feel the satisfaction.
21. What should I do if I am in an emergency?We strongly insist you should contact us immediately in any case of an emergency regardless of your health and/or safety matters via phone calls +84-90-224-3637. We do understand the feelings of needing help when being in an exotic environment.
In more severe cases, we will have to work and collaborate with related authorities in charges such as medical care services, police stations or customs offices etc. Under any circumstances, we will do our utmost efforts to get you out of from the situation as soon as possible. All you need are remembering our number, providing information as much and precise as possible, keeping in touch, and trusting in our responsibility and ethic codes of business.
Still questions? We would love to receive your email and message to email at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone at 84-90-224-3637 or live chat on Facebook here
Related Guide to this post
QUICK CONTACT US
24/7: 84-(0)-90 224 3637
Suggest Vietnam Tours 2017
Vietnam Food Adventure
Vietnam Highlights Tour
10 days / from US $885
10 days / from US $885
Cambodia Vietnam & Laos Snapshot
18 days / from US $1.670
18 days / from US $1.670
Must-seen Vietnam Cambodia Thailand
15 days / from US $1.790
15 days / from US $1.790
Vietnam Northwest Hill Tribes
7 days / from US $400
7 days / from US $400
North Vietnam & Lao Classic